Agricultural Market Agency (ARR) is a state institution supervised by the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development as well as the Ministry of Finance within the scope of the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) of the EU and related tasks. Since 1990 the ARR has been carrying out activities aimed at supporting and maintaining economic balance in the Polish agri-food sector. Since 2004 the Agency is an accredited EU Paying Agency distributing financial support and performing controls relative to manufacturing of agricultural products under the CAP.
- Distribution of funds to the beneficiaries under selected CAP and national schemes
- Promotion of agri-food products in the EU and third countries
- Conducting activities aimed at strengthening the development of external trade exchange
- Collecting, analysing, processing and publishing information on the agri-food markets in Poland and abroad as well as preparing forecasts for these
- Dissemination of information on the CAP schemes implementation and informing CAP schemes’ participants on terms and decisions taken at the EU level
- Participation in the EU decision making process as regards relevant policy areas
- Institutional support under pre-accession assistance programmes for the agri-food sector institutions of the EU Candidate Countries as well as expert support for the institutions of developing countries